Monday, August 23, 2010

in the driver's seat: the Lotus Evora

On Sunday, I went to the Geneva Concours d'Elegance, in the small town of Geneva, IL. It takes place every August and is one of the best car shows in the Midwest US. I took hundreds of photos, and will post them on my blog in the upcoming weeks, but first, I will post about the car I got to sit in: the brand new Lotus Evora.

I'm a big fan of Lotus, I recently wrote about my 1:18 Esprit V8, which there was a yellow Esprit V8 at the Concours. I've sat in several Elise's, and now, an Evora. The Evora was put into production in 2009, as a brand new model not related to the Elise or Europa. Lotus stuck with their mid engine, rear wheel drive platform that makes their cars so much pure fun to drive, and the Evora was given a 285 horsepower V6 engine. EVO Magazine, one of my favorite car magazines, named the Evora Car Of The Year for 2009.

I'm very tall and lanky but had no problem sitting in this Evora. I love sitting in cars that are low to the ground with a lot of leg room, and this Evora is perfect for that, it has one of the nicest interiors on a sports car I have ever seen. The next step is for me to drive it Here are the pictures!
Lotus Evora
Lotus Evora
Lotus Evora
Lotus Evora
Lotus Evora
Lotus Evora

3 comments:

  1. That car has your name on it, dude!

    unc/h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikhal - great report on another excellent Geneva Concours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were born to drive this car, Mikhal. Or, to put it another way, this car was built to be driven by you...

    ReplyDelete